A DIGITAL TOURISM MARKETING PROGRAM BEING DELIVERED TO THE TOURISM INDUSTRY FOR THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN TOURISM COMMISSION
We know marketing a tourism business can be challenging at the best of times, let alone trying to navigate your way through the current economic landscape that has been thrust upon us.
To help you make smart decisions about the development and marketing of your tourism experience, we've adapted our successful Tourism Marketing Academy + Mastermind, into a customised learning program just for our beloved South Australian tourism operators.
So if you want qualified guidance, a mate in your corner, and a solid post-crisis reboot plan, then we'd love you to join us on this learning journey!
We're rebecca and Paige,
Hey there... this is us, Rebecca on the Left, and Paige to the right!
For those who don't know us, or haven't worked with us before, we're two passionate tourism specialists, who have been floating around the South Australian (and Australian) tourism industry for the last 20 years (or so!).
We've worked extensively in international & destination marketing, as strategists and marketing educators working with destinations, local governments and operators across Australia.
Since establishing Tourism eSchool back in 2012 (wow, that feels like a lifetime ago!), we've worked with hundreds of tourism businesses, training them on strategy, experience development, trade marketing and digital marketing.
And, we're South Aussies, just like you...
With Paige living in the Clare Valley Region (originally from Eyre Peninsula) and Rebecca hailing from the Clare Valley, now living in Adelaide, we have such a thorough understanding of the challenges you are experiencing, whether it is in the city or in regional areas.
We care deeply about the health of our state's tourism industry, and are absolutely shattered to see the industry in it's current form, which is why we've already created some helpful information and advice for tourism operators to try and help them navigate this challenging time.
why you should join our academy...
It's more than just 'how to' learning...You will have lightbulb 'aha' moments, you'll be inspired and feel empowered, and you will walk away with a clear path to push forward confidently with your marketing to grow a sustainable business that will flourish in the future.
So, by the end of the Academy, you will:
Understand what you can do right now, mid-crisis
We want to ensure you can confidently 'ride out' this crisis, and prepare your business for the rebound - so we will give you ideas, concepts and tools to relay over your business model to set you up for marketing success.
Develop confidence in how to market your business post-crisis
When the risk of COVID-19 subsides, we will make sure you have the knowledge, tools and know-how to ramp up your marketing efforts to rebound fiercely into the market when your customers are ready to travel again!
connect you with other tourism businesses on the same journey as you
The best part about the Academy (and maybe the most unexpected!) will be the connections you make across the State with other determined, innovative and persistent tourism businesses just like you!
how does the
Facilitated online. SOCIAL DISTANCING APPROVED!
The Bootcamp is facilitated (totally) online from late April-Early July 2020
Personalised Access to Two Tourism Marketing Professionals
You will be able to lean on us for strategic advice and assistance throughout the Academy via our Webinars, and in our private Facebook Group.
Live Training Webinars Each Fortnight
7 x 1 hour live training webinars that will cover each of the Academy Modules outlined below, with each one recorded and made available via our dedicated, secure, members only learning portal - members.tourismeschool.com
'Done for You' Workbooks, Toolkits and Templates
We've spent 100+ hours perfecting our bespoke training materials, which have been designed specifically to help you plan and implement your marketing activities, now and into the future - no strategy documents collecting dust here!
For each Module, we have crafted a Workbook, which identifies tasks, that together with the toolkit, helps you to plan and implement your marketing activities.
Each Workbook also features live website links through to resources shared in the Module, and additional online resources for you to do further reading.
Our Marketing Toolkit is 20+ worksheet Microsoft Excel document, which features easy to use formula based input fields, in conjunction with planning tables which are fully customisable.
This Toolkit is used to record results and information on the nuts and bolts of planning of a tourism marketing activities.
You'll love this doc, guaranteed!
To delve deeper in the planning of specific marketing tactics, we've developed a couple of Task Templates to assist you to complete your tasks to maximum potential.
Private Facebook Group
To facilitate a networking opportunity for you, we've set up a private Facebook group for all participants to join. This space is where you can ask us questions, receive help with working through your tasks and also build relationships with and learn from other businesses on the same journey as you!
Tourism Marketing Modules
- Briefing on the current tourism landscape, from a marketing and visitor perspective
- Understand the importance of delivering an outstanding tourism experience for visitors and how this impacts your marketing investment
- Learn how to delight your customers so they are more likely to become word of mouth advocates.
- Learn ways to grow your profits through product diversification and innovation
- Pre-arrival communication tips to build anticipation with visitors
- Post-trip strategies to promote happy memories and displace any negative experiences.
- Identify, profile and complete a customer journey map of your most profitable customers for your business.
- Understand why Storytelling is a key competent of marketing and where and how it fits across all your marketing tactics.
- Learn proven storytelling strategies to grow your sales and profits
- Understand the right type of stories to attract more customers in your business.
- Understand how to tell stories that attract your Ideal Customers at each stage of their purchase journey.
- Tips on how take better photos, short videos, live broadcasts and Instagram/Facebook Stories on your smartphone
- Discover the best websites and apps to take photos and videos from ‘blah’ to ‘wow’
- Learn how to measure the impact of your storytelling initiatives
- Learn about the 3 key pillars of a strategic tourism website, and best practice website marketing tactics
- Understand what a website ‘conversion’ is, and how to increase your website visitor conversion rates (aka how to get more bookings!)
- Learn about key website development and management considerations for new website builds or a redevelopment of your current website
- Referencing successful tourism marketing blogs across the world, learn about the functional, usability & design features required to set up a blog on your website
- Understand what it takes to create engaging blog content, and how to optimise it for conversions
- Rules and hacks for stress free blog content creation
- How to get maximum exposure for your blog posts online
- How to manage your blog efficiently and effectively, without sapping your precious time!
- Learn how to measure your blogging investment
- Learn about the complexities of Search Engine Optimisation in layman's terms
- Understand how search engines work, and the major ranking factors
- Learn how to optimise your content for your potential customer’s Google search queries
- Understand the SEO considerations for website redevelopment
- Learn how to use Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to improve customer engagement and how to best keep in touch with community to drive future bookings post COVID-19.
- Learn how to collect and reshare your visitors photos + videos to save you time and grow your results on social media.
- Learn practical tips to increase the engagement and reach of social media posts on your social channels (especially Facebook and Instagram) at the time of falling organic reach and reduced social media trust with consumers
- Understand how to use Facebook and Instagram advertising strategically to attract new customers and drive more customer conversion
- Understand the critical importance of managing your business's reputation and how it can make or break your tourism business
- Learn a framework of how to respond to negative customer feedback on social media, TripAdvisor and other review websites that will help turn an unhappy customer into an advocate
- Learn how to deliver social customer service via apps such as Facebook Messenger
- Discover practical tips on how to amplify your happy customers love for your business on social media, TripAdvisor and other review websites
- Learn how optimise TripAdvisor, Google, Facebook and Instagram Geo Locations for your business
- Discover tools that can help save time in monitoring and managing your reputation online
12 months access to the Academy
While the length of the Program is 3 months, you will have access to the learning materials for 12 months (until end of April 2021). That means if something comes up in your professional or personal life, the learning materials will be waiting for you when you have the time!
what our past students have
to say about our tourism marketing academy
Paige and Rebecca are highly polished duo in their presentation and knowledge. They are approachable, friendly, and both clearly passionate for tourism marketing.
From the outset the professionalism of the course was evident with a plethora of informative tools and resources methodically released in concurrence with online webinars. Paige and Rebecca’s online webinars were easy to navigate and experience, and gave a great sense of collective endeavor as you could ask real time questions and share ideas with other group members also completing the course. This was further enhanced through the membership of the Facebook group, whereby we could share ideas further or ask questions. I found the content flow methodical, and relevant and most of all, well researched. On a personal level, Paige and Rebecca are highly polished duo in their presentation and knowledge. They are approachable, friendly, and both clearly passionate for tourism marketing.
The marketing plan we developed after completed the Academy was extremely valuable in preparing our submission for the awards, so I'm glad we made the investment!
Our business Moores Hill Estate received a 'Silver' award at the recent 2017 Tasmanian Tourism Awards. We were really pleased with the result as it was our first time entering and we are a very small business in the winery category. The marketing plan we developed after completed the Academy was extremely valuable in preparing our submission for the awards, so I'm glad we made the investment!
I loved how approachable Paige & Rebecca were throughout the year. 100% recommend this course for people from any background and any business – big or small!
As a complete beginner in the Industry, I found this course to be a great insight into the world of marketing. I loved how approachable Paige and Rebecca were throughout the year, the amount of information they would give me after I asked a question was so helpful! Completing the modules on time was manageable with my work schedule as we had a fortnight in between modules. It was a very relaxed learning experience and it was great for me who works for a company who already has a strong marketing plan and presence to better understand my role and even come up with ideas to implement into our plan! 100% recommend this course for people from any background and any business – big or small!
I was impressed with the quality of the information provided resulting in me learning more than I could have anticipated. Highly recommended!
As we know the online marketing world is forever changing and I found that by participating in Academy I was able to get up to speed across a broad range of online marketing must do's. The program provided me with the skills and importantly the confidence and knowledge to speak the language with providers and consultants! Rebecca Paige constructed the program to be well paced, easy to follow and understand and provide outstanding resources and templates for ongoing use in your business. The provision of these templates have provided me with many insights that I now use in my marketing and budgeting planning. This information and data have provided insights that know form an important asset for my business. The knowledge and support provided throughout the program is above and beyond.
Every session was jam packed with gold that you could take away and implement if not immediately, then very soon after.
The program was really comprehensive and it was very clear Paige and Rebecca were experts in their respective fields. I felt very confident that I was getting the best and most current advice in industry best practise when it comes to web and digital marketing. I really enjoyed the depth and breadth of material, and the workbooks were very practical and comprehensive. Being able to go back and rewatch sessions to reinforce/restudy the learnings was also beneficial. Real life examples used throughout to help the material 'stick' and provide a compelling case study to illustrate a point. Every session was jam packed with gold that you could take away and implement if not immediately, then very soon after.
So, will you come with us on this learningjourney?
We would be absolutely delighted to have you join our
Tourism Marketing Academy - The COVID19 REBOOT!
Registration is FREE for all South Australian tourism businesses (thanks to our fab South Australian State Government!).
Registrations are now closed.
If you have any questions regarding the program, or wish to submit a late registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late registrations will be considered on a case by case basis, and eligibility criteria will still apply.
This program is an initiative of the South Australian Tourism Commission (SA State government) as part of their $5.7M funding boost helping local tourism operators get through the COVID-19 crisis.
For more information on the funding details, please visit tourism.sa.gov.au
Frequently Asked Questions
How many hours per week do I need need to allow to do the Academy?
We recommend you allow around 2 – 3 hours per week over the course of the program. While this is completely optional, allowing this much times covers coming along to the webinars (or watching the replays), reading the workbooks, completing the tasks, and interacting with other Academy Participants in the private Facebook Group Forum.
When are the live webinars running and what happens if I can’t attend one live?
The live webinar dates are scheduled in advance so you can hopefully free up your calendar to attend.
Webinars will be run at 11am – 12.30pm (Adelaide – ACST)
2020 Webinar Dates
All webinars run on alternate Thursdays and Tuesdays, and go for approximately 1 hour, with another 30 minutes for group discussions.
- Thursday 30th April
- Tuesday 12th March
- Thursday 21st March
- Tuesday 2nd June
- Thursday 11th June
- Tuesday 23rd June
- Thursday 2nd July
We will record all the live webinars and save them in the Member Portal Website (www.members.tourismeschool.com) so you can watch them at a time that suits you if you are unable to make one of them live.
How is the Academy run?
The Program is run completely online, so you can join the program from wherever you are working from, so long as you have decent internet speeds.
Stages of the Program include
- Pre Program: You will be sent a Pre-Program Questionnaire, which will help us get to know your business, your personal and professional goals and marketing activities. This information will help them to tailor the information in the Program so that it is more relevant for you and your business.
- Live Online Webinars: The Program will run for 3 months (from 30th April 2020 – 2nd July 2020) and be delivered via 7 Live Webinars. These run for around 1 hour each plus around 30 minutes Q + A and are run using GoToWebinar.
- Learning Materials: Each of the 7 Modules has a workbook and actionable tasks. These will be released with each Module.
- Mentoring: You are encouraged to join the private online forum in Facebook, where you can ask any questions you have at any time of Paige & Rebecca and to share your learnings with others in the Program.
What technical requirements do I need to participate in the Academy?
In order to participate effectively in the Academy, you will need:
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer – if it doesn’t have a microphone, you can dial in via phone to join the webinar live via GoToWebinar, a popular web conferencing service.
- Reasonably fast internet access, so you can watch and hear the live webinars and also watch the pre-recorded webinars or catch up on missed webinars.
- Relatively high data limit – as the webinar files can be quite large (If you are unsure about whether or not your data plan is suitable, feel free to contact us and we will work through it with you).
Do I need any prior knowledge before starting the Academy?
No, you don’t need any special knowledge to join the Academy. You just need to be working in a role (Owner/Operator, Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator) that has the responsibility of marketing a tourism business.
Before starting the Academy, it would be very helpful for you to also have access to all of your social networking profiles, and your Google (website analytics, search console) as we will be asking you to reference and make adjustments to these online accounts throughout the Academy.
Who facilitates the Program?
Rebecca White and Paige Rowett co-faciliate the Academy, and they will both be on hand via email and the private forum to help support you with all the help you need throughout your learning journey over April – July 2020.
Together they have 27 + years of marketing experience and 18+ years specifically in tourism marketing. Learn more about Rebecca & Paige >