Hi, and welcome to Tourism eSchool!
Thanks for stopping by to take a look at what we offer at Tourism eSchool and how we can empower you and your team to successfully market your tourism brand.
Firstly, some introductions: we’re Paige Rowett and Rebecca White, the founders, directors and facilitators of Tourism eSchool. It’s lovely to meet you!
Before we talk about us, let’s talk about you. Are you a destination marketer seeking a fresh approach to make your region stand out in the crowded online marketplace, within the ever-present constraints of resourcing and budget?
Or you might own or manage a tourism business, and are struggling to find the best marketing tactics to grow your business in that precious little time you have around all the other (million) things you need to do?
You’ve come to the right place: we can help
We are passionate marketers with more than two and a half decades’ combined experience working in tourism and destination marketing including with the South Australian Tourism Commission and in our own consultancies.
We specialise in marketing in the digital space and we are fascinated by how marketing strategy and best practice continue to transform as technologies and social media platforms evolve and improve. We live and breathe this stuff.
Tourism eSchool: an online training + mentoring academy and consultancy for tourism brands and regional organisations
Tourism eSchool was born in 2012 in response to the need for more digitally-focused professional learning opportunities for those in the tourism industry. It was also fueled by our desire to offer supportive training that provides owner-operators with the strategies and tools they need to embrace digital marketing themselves rather than resorting to costly outsourcing.
After hashing out a business plan over double-choc Tim Tams and coffee, we launched our first website marketing eCourse in 2013.
Since then, we’ve been busy developing, delivering and refining our range of services and course offerings, which include:
- Destination Marketing + Visitor Servicing Bootcamp: We upskill Visitor Information Centre teams in how to increase engagement and grow their visitor economy in the digital space.
- Tourism Operator Training: Through our tailored Regional Digital Marketing Mentoring Program we train local teams of Tourism Operators in all things digital marketing.
- Destination Marketing Strategy + Tourism Plans: We work closely with businesses and organisations to create transformative plans to grow their region’s visitor economy.
- Speaking: As regular guest presenters at state and regional tourism events and training sessions throughout Australia, we inspire and motivate real action and change in local tourism industries.
- Our Learning Hub is a touchpoint for free advice on how to best market tourism businesses and destinations.
- Tourism Marketing Academy + Mastermind: Our six-month online mentoring program for tourism businesses grows the confidence and practical skills of our mentees to excel in the digital space.
We love seeing the amazing results our clients and alumni have been able to achieve, including increased skills and confidence in marketing themselves in the digital era, greater brand awareness, increased traffic and engagement - both online and in-person - more conversions to visitors and sales, and savings in time and marketing budget.
What makes us different:
- We’re down to earth. We’re proud of the reputation we’ve earned for our fun, authentic speaking style and for breathing new life into conferences and training events.
- We are responsive. We have our fingers on the pulse of changes within the industry and our fast-moving marketing landscape. Our online training courses feature breaking news and trends in tourism and technology as they arise, and our tourism strategies feature actions based on best practice case study analysis and forward thinking tactics.
- As well as avid tourism marketers, we are avid tourism consumers, so can offer perspective from both sides of the fence! We’re both keen travellers - these days with our husbands and young families in tow.
We love what we do and we love working with people who love what they do, too.
From cellar doors to cycling tours and everything in between, we consider it a privilege to help all sorts of grassroots tourism businesses - as well as forward-thinking councils and regional tourism and development organisations - unlock the potential of their great destinations and experiences.
I have been very fortunate to have over a decade of hands-on tourism marketing experience with the South Australia Tourism Commission, including trade marketing, consumer marketing, PR, consumer campaigns, and app & website development.
During this time I got to work with many fantastic Tourism Operators, helping them with their marketing, with a focus on International Marketing. I also received first-hand understanding of the day to day reality of running a profitable tourism business and the many demands on a tourism business owner’s time and money.
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management)
- Advanced Diploma in Tourism (Event Management)
- Certificate IV Frontline Management
What you may not know about me…
I grew up on a farm in the southern Clare Valley in South Australia, I’m very fortunate to still have family there and also in the Barossa. Many a family holiday was spent exploring Australia, watching travel shows such as Getaway and reading Dad’s Australian Geographic Magazines inspired my early love of travel and the great outdoors.
When I have a spare minute you can find me reading in my hammock, pottering in my vege patch or at the beach with my boys!
My travel highlights reel
As with many of us in the Tourism Industry, I love travelling. I have explored just about every corner of South Australia, and many parts of Australia, New Zealand, Europe and North America. This extensive travel also provides practical experience as your travelling customer.
Some recent travel highlights include a camping road trip throughout Central Australia, including Uluru, King’s Canyon, Western Macs and Alice Springs; a camping road trip around WA’s South West Corner - we were particularly blown away by the beaches around Esperance, Denmark and Margaret River. Then there’s New Zealand - always great for hiking and a self-driving holiday.
What’s next on the bucket list?
Travel is a little closer to home in recent years with the arrival of my two sons. However as the boys are getting more adventurous, my husband and I take our boys camping, hiking, kayaking and cycling as often as we can – we have a long Australian travel bucket list we are working through!
It just keeps getting longer each time we work with destinations like Norfolk Island, Kununurra, Christmas Island, Cocos Keeling, Tasmania and Fiji!
I have my sights set on snorkelling with Whale Sharks at Ningaloo Reef in WA and a family road trip around Tasmania and hiking Tasmania’s Overland and Three Capes Tracks.
After a 3 year stint working in destination marketing in the Barossa with SATC, and assisting the Australian tourism industry in my own consultancy since 2011, I’ve been fortunate enough to immerse myself in all things tourism marketing for the best part of 10 years.
I love the opportunity to teach tourism businesses & destinations how to find clarity and focus for their marketing spend, by choosing and implementing tactics that will actually make a difference for their business.
I also really enjoy any opportunity to travel Australia presenting at conferences, and facilitating training days and workshops.
- Bachelor of Management (Major Marketing, Minor Tourism)
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning – Secondary School
What you may not know about me…
After moving to Adelaide to study Marketing at the age of 17 after a wonderful childhood living in Cleve on Eyre Peninsula, I’m back enjoying country life with my husband, three children, three dogs, countless sheep, and couple of rogue geese!
I absolutely love working with people across Australia from my ‘Farm’ office in the gorgeous Clare Valley, looking out my bay windows onto the canola or hay (depending on the time of year) – something that I would have never considered possible 10 years ago.
My travel highlights reel
After travelling through Europe and the UK in my early 20s and falling in love with the Greek Islands, I’m loving getting to know my own backyard, spending time around our beautiful country with the family – but only when it’s not seeding, haymaking, harvest, or sheep sale times of the year! My visits to Parliament House and the War Memorial in Canberra while on a recent work trip have been recent travel highlights. I also loved our trip to New Zealand’s South Island, especially choppering over and landing on top of Fox Glacier.
What’s next on the bucket list?
After just welcoming our third child to world, long haul travel aspirations have had to take a back seat, which means keeping our holidays closer to home for the next couple years.
But once the kids are older I’d love to take them to explore Canberra a little more, and also head over the Nullarbor to Western Australia’s South-West corner to cut out some sand angels and get on the surfboard at the beautiful beaches, and maybe check out some of the awesome foodie experiences at Margaret River that everyone keeps raving about.
A trip to over to Canada is hopefully on the cards in the longer term future, but we may head to New Zealand again with kids to get back on the ski slopes (although, I think I’ll be hanging out with the kids on the easy slopes)!