Tourism eSchool respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What personal information is collected
Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, phone number, role or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
Tourism eSchool will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website, provided to us directly or provided to us in other forms
You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your service you have engaged us to carry out such as consulting or training programs.
We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you enrol in a training program, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys or communicate with us for customer support.
Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us such as on email or via the phone.
How we collect your personal information
How we use your personal information
- Tourism eSchool may use personal information collected from you to provide you to tailor our training products and provide you with information about our products or services. We may also let you know about new and additional products, services and opportunities that may be relevant to you.
- Tourism eSchool will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include to:
- provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administer our business activities;
- manage, research and develop our products and services;
- provide you with information about our products and services;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone and email,
- investigate any complaints.
- If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website.
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
Disclosure of your personal information
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)
- Tourism eSchool will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
- We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
- We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it.
- We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure.
- We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation.
- We process your personal information if it is necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation, it is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law.
- We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation or ethnic origin unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR.
- You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
Your rights under the GDPR
- If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used.
- Tourism eSchool complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU
- Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- to be informed how your personal information is being used;
- access your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it);
- to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to delete your personal information (also known as “the right to be forgotten”);
- to restrict processing of your personal information;
- to retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
- to object to your personal information being used; and
- to object against automated decision making and profiling.
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
Hosting and International Data Transfers
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to Australia and Canada
- We and have offices only in Australia. However if this changed, transfers to each of these countries would be be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Tourism eSchool’s Data Protection Officer.
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in Australia. However if hosting was outside of Australia, transfers to each of the relevant countries would be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website
- Our Suppliers and Contractors are situated in Australia and Canada. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Tourism eSchool’s Data Protection Officer.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
Security of your personal information
- Tourism eSchool is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
Access to your personal information
You are welcome to request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you come to our two websites (www.tourismeschool.com) and (https://members.tourismeschool.com), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
In general, however you can visit our consumer website (www.tourismeschool.com)(www.tourismeschool.com) without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, there are times when we may need to collect your personal information. For instance, if you register to receive our eNews publications or enrol in a training program, we will need to collect some personal information from you for this purpose. In this case, we will provide notice and seek your permission to send you further electronic communications, and for your personal information to be stored in its databases. If at any time after submitting your personal information to Tourism eSchool you would no longer like to receive information, simply follow the “unsubscribe” directions at the end of any email communications you receive, or contact Tourism eSchool using the contact details listed at the end of this Policy.
When you are an enrolled member on our learning website (https://members.tourismeschool.com), we collect information including your name, email and in some cases your place of work and position.
Where you use Tourism eSchool’s social media pages (such as Facebook) Tourism eSchool will not collect any personal information about you without your consent.
Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Tourism eSchool’s not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
Third-party service providers
Remarketing: Tourism eSchools uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google and Facebook to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks occasionally, when relevant to you and your role. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, Tourism eSchool uses custom audiences based on e-mails of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present special offers for our products and services to you via Facebook. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present you special offers from us. We use the following third-party service providers for remarketing:
How can you access or update your information?
If your Personally Identifiable Information changes, or if you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by
- Updating or deleting your profile in the member area (Tourism eSchool Members)
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Unsubscribe from the relevant email correspondence
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
This policy was last modified on 1 May 2018