Marketing a destination is not easy. In fact, there are so many elements
and stakeholders to consider that it’s amazing that anything gets off the ground!
We know there is a huge gap in digital marketing knowledge and strategic ‘know-how’
available to people who are responsible for marketing destinations.
We also know that destination marketers are wanting to network more, and learn more from one another,
so that together we can all be successful in attracting and converting more high yielding visitors.
To close this gap, we’ve put together a high-level professional development Program for anyone
who is responsible for developing and/or implementing a digital marketing strategy for a destination.
So if you are a General Manager, Executive Officer, Marketing Coordinator,
Marketing Manager, Tourism Officer or Visitor Information Centre Manager,
then why not consider participating in our Destination Marketing Mentoring Program
You’ve already got a destination website and accounts on all of the major social platforms,
but are still second-guessing what you are doing is actually going to contribute to your destination’s overall marketing goals.
You have ‘ok’ working knowledge of how to leverage digital marketing tactics in destination marketing,
but know you seriously need to up-skill yourself in digital marketing to ensure you’re as efficient and effective as you can be with your stakeholder resources.
You’re constantly bombarded with questions from your industry about digital marketing,
and you need to provide them with accurate advice.
You’re tired of attending conferences and workshops and not getting actionable, practical advice
you can take back to your destination and apply immediately and confidently.
If any of the above resonates with you, then our Destination Marketing Mentoring Program is the professional development opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
We’re Rebecca + Paige, Your Mentors
For those who don’t know us, we are two passionate tourism marketers, who have worked in the Australian Tourism industry for 22+ years combined, in international & destination marketing, and as tourism marketing trainers and facilitators.
Since 2011, we’ve worked as tourism marketing strategists in our own consultancies, and came together in 2012 to establish Tourism eSchool.
We’ve worked with dozens of tourism businesses & destination marketers during this time to help them through strategy development, product development, trade marketing and online marketing training and implementation.
Why we created this Program…
After working in marketing roles in regional and state capacities, and delivering this Program twice since March 2015, we have accumulated an intimate understanding of the key hurdles when it comes to marketing a destination, including:
Working with relatively challenging marketing budgets, some destinations are operating with less than $20K and are still expected to yield exceptional visitor numbers.
Operating with minimal marketing support resources, with most DMOs only having 1-2 full time staff to execute organisational plans, let alone just focussed on marketing activities.
Having the ‘bare-minimum’ knowledge of how a tourism brand can successfully compete in the very cluttered online space and keeping up with the latest in online marketing and what’s working (or not working) in destination marketing.
Not fully understanding how to measure the Return On Investment of marketing activities, as it relates to overall organisational goals.
The lack of time to sit and plan a comprehensive, competitive marketing strategy. We know marketing planning is often a quick update of the previous plan, which may not reflect the best use of your limited time and marketing $$$, OR be the best way to attract more of your region’s most profitable customers.
The challenge of ‘pleasing everyone’ when it comes to managing brand, budget and industry stakeholders.
Supporting and motivating tourism operators to help promote the destination through cooperative and individual opportunities.
The Destination Marketing Mentoring Program exceeded all my expectations! Being new to the industry, it has been the most wonderful and engaging learning experience. I feel really lucky to have had the opportunity to work with Rebecca and Paige to further my understanding of the tourism industry and customer behaviour. Paige and Rebecca were fantastic tutors. The information provided in the program helped me to gain perspective, experience and real-world knowledge to implement within my businesses and to improve our outcomes. I would highly recommend Tourism eSchool for those both new to the industry and those who are experienced - you will always learn new things and gain new insights! Thanks very much for your expertise, I look forward to building stronger tourism businesses in the Rutherglen region.
The Program is designed to educate, inspire and set a clear path for you to push forward
confidently to market your destination to increase visitation year on year.
For 6 months, we teach & guide you through the destination marketing maze to ensure you can:
Increase your knowledge and confidence in choosing and implementing
online marketing tactics specific to the tourism industry
Grow into an influencer and leader in online marketing for your destination
Increase your knowledge and confidence in training your destination’s tourism
operators in online marketing
Network and collaborate with other destination marketers, where you can establish
and build long-term relationships outside your destination
Confidently develop, implement and deliver a superior, results focused destination online
marketing strategy which will be geared to increase tourism visitation
Starts October 2016!
The Program is facilitated (totally) online over the period of 6 months,
from Tuesday 18 October 2016 to Tuesday 2 May 2017
(with a break from Christmas 2016 through to the 2nd week in February 2017).
1:1 access to 2 Tourism Marketing Professionals
Participants will have access to Paige & Rebecca via the Live
Training Webinars and in the Mastermind Group for 6 months.
(Total Value = $3,000)
Live Training Webinars
12 x 1 hour live training webinar will be facilitated each alternative fortnight on a Tuesday
at 10am (ACST), which will cover each of the Program Modules outlined below.
Every webinar will be recorded and made available via a secure membership
area on the Tourism eSchool website.
(Total Value = $4,000)
Module Workbooks, Toolkits + Templates
We’ve spent 100+ hours perfecting our bespoke training materials, which have
been designed specifically to help our destination marketers work
toward developing a comprehensive digital marketing planning document.
For each Module, we have crafted a Workbook, which identifies actionable tasks, that together with the webinar,
helps participants to build their Digital Marketing Strategy. Each Workbook also features live website links through
to resources shared in the Module, and additional online resources for participants own further professional development.
(Total Value = $2,400)
Digital Marketing Strategy Toolkit
Our Digital Marketing Strategy Toolkit is 20+ worksheet Microsoft Excel document, which features
easy to use formula based input fields, in conjunction with planning tables which are fully customisable.
This Toolkit is used to record results and information on the nuts and bolts of planning of a destination digital
marketing strategy, and can be used as a strategy document itself, or to inform the
development of a formal marketing strategy document.
(Total Value = $10,000+)
Digital Marketing Review Template
Our Digital Marketing Review Template assists participants to undertake a 360 degree audit of their
digital marketing activities, to ensure they have a ‘start line’ before developing their new Strategy.
(Total Value = $2,500)
Digital Marketing Strategy Template
On completion of the Program, participants will be encouraged to customise
their very own Digital Marketing Strategy based on our Digital Marketing Strategy Template
– a flexible, yet formal report style document to assist with stakeholder
buy-in and investment of the proposed strategy.
(Total Value = $850)
Task Orientated Templates
To delve deeper in the planning of specific marketing tactics, we’ve developed a series of
Task Orientated Templates to assist Participants to complete tasks to maximum potential,
which leads to more strategic outcomes for their organisation.
(Total Value = $1,500)
Access to an Exclusive Mastermind Network
To facilitate a life-long learning and opportunity, we’ve set up a private
Facebook group for participants to join upon enrolment in the Program.
This space is where participants can ask questions of Paige & Rebecca,
receive help with working through the program tasks and build relationships
with and learn from other participants in the program.
(Total Value = What you make of it!)
BONUS Premium MyTravelResearch.com Membership
We recognise research as a significant part of developing an evidence-based Digital Marketing Strategy,
and therefore, we will be supplying each participant with 1 year’s Premium
Membership to MyTravelResearch.com.
See more detail of the Membership Platform in the FAQs at the bottom of this page!
(Total Value = $497+GST)
The Destination Marketing Mentoring Program webinars enable participation when and where it suits you. You'll be provided with the latest knowledge and valuable tools and templates to take you from zero to hero in no time. These can be adapted to create your own actions and a tailored Digital Marketing Strategy. A very comprehensive, value-for-money program that I strongly recommend to others.
Marketing Modules covered in the Program
Module 1 | Digital Marketing Strategy
- Improve your understanding of a destination digital marketing strategy, and what it takes
to attract more visitors to your region using online tactics
- Understand the role your destination’s brand & product experiences have on delivering a
superior digital strategy
- Learn how to identify your destination’s most profitable customers and their online journey, which will inform the strategies and tactics you choose to deploy to attract more of them.
- Learn what digital marketing tactics will give you the best chance of strategy success based on your budget and resources
Module 2 | Content Marketing Strategy
- Learn proven content marketing strategies to support your destination marketing
strategy visitor number growth
- Understand which content types will increase engagement and virality with your
- Aquire knowledge of how to create, curate and syndicate content to increase brand awareness for your destination
- Tips on how to take and record better photos and videos on your smartphones and DSLR Cameras
- Discover the best websites and apps to take your photos and videos from ‘blah’ to ‘wow’
- Learn how to measure content marketing specific objectives using Google Analytics
Module 3 | Website Marketing: Strategy, Management, Development + Design
- Understand how a destination website caters for your most profitable customers throughout each stage of their travel cycle
- Learn proven strategies & industry best practice for destination website development & design
- Identify new and proven opportunities to generate an income from your destination website
- Understand the resourcing requirements to develop & manage an engaging, high converting website
- Acquire the knowledge and tools to confidently work with your marketing agency to produce a high yielding website, that not only services your visitors, but achieves your overall marketing goals
Module 4 | Website Marketing: Content Planning, Website Review + Measurement
- How to develop a sitemap that assists visitors and search engines to navigate your website with ease
- Undertake a review of your current website, and set website marketing objectives
- Learn how to decipher Google Analytics like a pro, mastering all of the relevant KPIs as it relates to monitoring and measuring the success of your website as your brand’s online marketing hub
Module 5 | Blogging Strategy
- Learn why blogging is an critical online marketing tactic for destinations
- Referencing successful destination blogs across the world, learn about the functional, usability & design features required to set up a blog on your destination website
- Acquire copywriting skills specific for blogging, ensuring every post is engaging and geared toward creating conversions
- Learn how to measure blogging specific objectives using Google Analytics
Module 6 | Search Engine Optimisation
- Familiarise yourself with the complexities of Search Engine Optimisation in layman’s terms
- Understand how search engines work, and the major ranking factors
- Discover how people use search engines, and understand user intent
- Discover the importance of a 1st page ranking, and the impact it has on your website
- Learn how to undertake Keyword Research using Google Adwords Keyword Planner tool
& where to place your keywords in your webpages, images and video content
- Learn how to write copy to engage both search engines & website users
- Understand link building strategy, and how to build profitable links to improve search rankings
- Discover the relationship between Social Media and SEO & learn tactical ways to encourage social advocacy of your content to improve search engine rankings
- Learn how to measure SEO specific objectives using Google Analytics
Module 7 | Social Media: Strategy
- Learn a variety of strategies on how to use social media to attract and convert more fans into destination visitors, including regional events
- Understand how to best collect and also leverage user generated content in your social media marketing
- Discover tips on how to successfully work with Digital Influencers to promote your destination
- Learn about the opportunities and challenges of Snapchat and Periscope (and any other newer social channels around by then!) so you can make an informed decision if they are relevant for your marketing
Module 8 | Social Media Optimisation
- Practical tips to increase the engagement and reach of your social media posts
- See how to optimise your destination’s social media channels of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Youtube to drive customer conversions
- Be inspired and learn practical tips from case studies of destinations rocking their social media marketing
- Learn which social media analytics you REALLY need to focus on to measure your social media success
Module 9 | Customer Advocacy, Online Reputation Management + Digital Visitor Servicing
- Discover practical tips on how to get your visitors to help market your destination for you on social media, TripAdvisor and other review websites
- Understand how to manage your destination’s reputation online, including minimising negative discussions and maximising the positive
- Discover tools that can help save time in monitoring and managing your destination’s reputation online
- Learn what to do (and importantly not to do!) if your destination receive negative customer feedback online
- Understand the different options to provide visitor information online such as through smartphone apps and digital visitor guides
- Learn how to to confidently deliver social visitor servicing via Facebook and Twitter
- Learn from best practice case studies of destinations rocking their digital visitor servicing
Module 10 | Email Marketing
- Understand how investing in email marketing supports your overall marketing strategy, to attract and convert more prospects into visitors
- How to get set up for success with an email service provider or how to optimise your existing email service provider
- Understand the importance of segmenting your database and how to use email automation to super charge your overall marketing efforts
- Discover how to design an email update that people actually want to open, read and engage with it
- Learn how to monitor and measure your email marketing success
Module 11 | Online Advertising
- Understand how to use Facebook & Instagram Advertising strategically to attract new customers and drive more customer conversions
- Learn the ins and outs of Search Engine Marketing, when and how to implement campaigns to drive traffic to your website
- Learn what metrics really matter when it comes to online advertising, and how to measure your return on investment
Module 12 | Your Digital Marketing Strategy
- Finalise your Digital Marketing Objectives and Action Plan
- Lean how to prioritise your action plan list to reduce overwhelm and achieve objectives
- Resources and tools to help manage workload and create efficiencies
- Demonstration of how to customise the Digital Marketing Strategy template for your destination
6 Month Digital Marketing Review
Six months after implementing your new Digital Marketing Strategy, Paige & Rebecca can undertake a 360 degree review of your strategy and provide a detailed report outlining key findings, priority areas and recommendations for improvement as it relates to your overall Goals and Objectives.
Exclusive Rate for Program Participants = AUD$2,500+GST
(RRP = AUD$3,500+GST)
Destination Marketing Strategy Development
After completing the Program, Paige or Rebecca can work with you and your team to develop a comprehensive Marketing Strategy (both on and offline activities). This is one of our current products that we offer, and details can be found on our Destination Marketing Strategy Development Page >
20% Saving for Program Participants
Destination Action Plan
We are experienced destination strategists, and can work in collaboration with your stakeholders to develop a robust destination action plan, which offers high level strategic direction for the visitor economy in your region.
20% Saving for Program Participants
We place a large emphasis on ensuring our participants get the most value and best outcomes from the program. Therefore, to ensure maximum engagement and outcomes, each participant in this program will:
Complete a Pre-Program survey and undertake a initial Pre-Program meeting with Rebecca or Paige
to learn a little more about the you, identify key professional development gaps as it relates to online marketing,
and to discuss your goals for the Program
Be offered the opportunity to receive feedback from Paige and Rebecca
on their tasks on an ongoing basis throughout the Program
Undertake a Post-Program review of the participant’s final
Digital Marketing Strategy with Rebecca or Paige
6 Months after the end of the Program, we will follow up with participants to hear about their achievements and successes,
as it relates to the strategy they created in the Program
We want you to feel completely confident that the time and money you have invested in this Program is well spent.
So, if you feel as though you haven’t received fantastic value for money, then we are more than happy to offer you
a 100% refund within 30 Days of joining the Program.
On top of our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, we offer Lifetime Access to the Program content.
So, if you don’t complete the Academy during the 6 months, you don’t need to worry,
as you will be able to access the content for the lifetime of the Academy.
So, every time we update the content (when we run the Program over again), you will have the option to
receive the updates, and you will also be able to stay a member of our private Facebook group!
It’s like a gift that keeps on giving!
The Destination Marketing Mentoring Program was far beyond anything I expected. Rebecca and Paige were great mentors with a wealth of knowledge. From a Destinations perspective I have gained more experience and real world knowledge to use for years to come, and we have already implemented many of the learnings, especially around Social Media and Blogging. Thank you ladies for passing on your expertise, I look forward to using my knowledge from your course to better market our destination.
The Destination Marketing Mentor Program is a must-do for anyone marketing a destination and looking for practical advice, that can be tailored to your current level of online presence or budget. Paige and Rebecca's passion for marketing is infectious! The Program has confirmed that an increased online presence is the way to speak to our ideal customer, and it has given us the confidence to continue to invest in our Digital Marketing Strategy.
The Destination Marketing Mentoring Program has provided our organisation with the relevant skills and information to confidently navigate the ever changing digital space. Paige and Rebecca do a wonderful job of distilling complex information into relevant, actionable tasks and the online Marketing Toolkit and Strategy document is a valuable resource. Comprehensive, engaging and relevant, I would highly recommend the Program.
Having just completed the Destination Marketing Mentoring Program, I have gained a greater understanding of digital marketing. The course content was exactly what I needed to increase my knowledge on the importance of digital marketing. I am now confident to apply what I have learnt to our marketing strategies so that we are more relevant and offer value in what we do as a regional tourism organisation. The format was easy and engaging with plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Paige and Rebecca definitely know their 'stuff' and Tourism eSchool was a great way learn.
The Destination Marketing Mentoring Program was a great for me as I wanted to learn 'how to do things' in a very practical way, and Paige and Rebecca showed me all the technical and in depth ways how to start/implement/review website and social media strategies. It's also great to receive all the templates and toolkits so we can record and track all the future activities we'll be doing in our regional marketing strategy.
The Program helped build my confidence in the digital space - I don't feel so overwhelmed by 'online' now and can fundamentally see how it all fits together and importantly can work better. I have already been able to allay the fears of some of my operators who have been so overwhelmed by all things digital, and I have been able to help breakdown the 'beast' and assist them to work in the small steps as they develop a relevant digital strategy for them. The mobility of the Program was also a great benefit too, as a Regional Manager, I'm often not in the same place each week, so to be able to 'log-in' where ever I was to participate was ideal.
12 Marketing Modules delivered over 6 months
Access to 2 Tourism Marketing Consultants for 6 months
Live & Recorded Webinars, Custom Toolkits, Workbooks, Templates + Worksheets
Exclusive Mastermind Network
Single User Membership to MyTravelResearch.com Membership Portal
Exclusive Offers for Participants
30 Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee
Lifetime Access to Academy Content
Accountability + Support Measures
TOTAL VALUE: $25,000+
If so, we’d absolutely love to have you on board!
Your investment is AUD$3,995+GST per person
Or AUD$3250+GST per person for 2 or more participants from the same organisation.
Places are LIMITED to 16 participants only, so secure your spot today with a 20% deposit!
Your questions answered!
We’ve put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Program, but if none of these help you then please don’t hesitate to contact us via email, and we will be sure to respond to you as soon as possible!
How is the Program run?
Prior to the program starting you will have a 1 hour Pre-Program catch up with Rebecca or Paige (via Google Hangouts) where we will work with you to identify your key goals for the program and what you would specifically like to learn.
From there, the Program will start on Tuesday 18th October 2016 and will be delivered via 12 marketing modules, which each including a 1 hour live webinar, workbook and actionable tasks. These will be released each fortnight until the final webinar which will be held on Tuesday 2nd May 2017 (with a break over January).
At the completion of the Program, you will also receive a 1 hour review of your newly developed Destination Digital Marketing Strategy with either Rebecca or Paige, so we can provide you with advice and direction with moving forward with the delivery of your strategy.
We also have a private online Program forum on Facebook which we encourage you to join where you can ask any questions you have at any time of your Program facilitators (Paige & Rebecca) and to share your learning journey with others in the Program.
Who facilitates the Destination Marketing Mentoring Program?
Rebecca White and Paige Rowett co-faciliate the Mentoring Program, and they will both be on hand via email, phone and the private forum to help support you with all the help you need throughout the lifetime of the Mentoring Program.
Together they have 22 years of marketing experience and 15+ years specifically in tourism marketing. Learn more about Rebecca & Paige >
Do I need any prior knowledge before starting the Mentoring Program?
No, you don’t need any special knowledge to do the Mentoring Program. You just need to be working in a role (Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Tourism Coordinator, Regional Tourism Manager etc) that has a responsibility to market a tourism destination, such as a town, region, province or state.
Before starting the Program, it would be very helpful for you to also have access to all of your social networking profiles, and your Google (website analytics, search console) as we will be asking you to reference and make adjustments to these online accounts throughout the Program.
Learn more about MyTravelResearch.com Membership...
MyTravelResearch.com is an insights and consulting company established and run by Bronwyn White and Carolyn Childs from their Sydney Office.
Below is a short 2 minute video demonstrating their Membership Platform, which all Participants of the Program will have ‘Singler User’ access to!
What technical requirements do I need to participate in the Program?
We facilitate our live webinars (approximately 1-1.5 hours in length) using GoToWebinar, a popular web conferencing service. In addition to the live webinars, participants will also be required to watch recorded webinars (up to an hour in length) in our website’s member portal, and download PDF, Excel and Word Documents for each module.
So, in order to participate effectively in this program, participants will need:
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer with reasonable fast internet speed
- Relatively high data limit (If you are unsure about whether or not your data plan is suitable, feel free to contact us and we will work through it with you)
- The device will need to have a microphone so you are able to interact during the live webinars.
When are the live webinars & what if I can't attend a certain day?
All the live webinar dates are scheduled in advance so you can hopefully free up your schedule to attend. Ideally you are able to attend at least 8 of the 12 webinars live.
Webinars will be run at 8.30am (Perth)/10am (Adelaide)/10.30am (East Coast Australia)/ 12.30pm (New Zealand)/5.30pm** (PDT – West USA/Canada) and 8.30pm** (EDT – East USA/Canada) on the following dates in 2016/2017
- October 18th
- November 1st, 15th & 29th
- December 13th
6 week break over Christmas 2016 / January 2017
- February 7th & 21st
- March 7th & 21st
- April 4th & 18th
- May 2nd
We will record all the live webinars and save them in the Member Portal on our website so you can watch them at a time that suits you if you are unable to make one of them live.
** Please note for our North American participants the date will be the day prior.
How many hours per week should I set aside to do the Program?
We recommend you put aside 2 – 3 hours a week to ensure you don’t lose momentum with the Program. This time includes attending the live webinars (or watching the replays), reading the workbooks, carry out the module’s tasks and interacting on the private forum. We also schedule breaks during the webinar series to allow you to catch up on tasks.
I'm away travelling or at an industry/trade event/ATE when your Program is on, will I still be able to do it?
Absolutely. If you miss a live training webinar, then not to worry, as we will record the webinar for you and pop it up in the member area of the website. From there you can access the recording, and you can jump into our private Facebook group if you have any questions or comments that you’d like to share with the group.
Do I have to do any homework?
Yes – but it all goes towards developing a digital marketing strategy for your destination! When learning something new, the best way to really take on board a new concept is to take some action with it.
Each fortnight you will be issued with a list of tasks to do, which culminate into developing a digital marketing strategy for your destination. You are more than welcome to get feedback on your tasks throughout the Program via the private Facebook Group.
What is your refund policy?
We want you to feel completely confident that your time and money will be well spent. If you feel you haven’t received value for money from our training we offer a 30 day, 100% refund of our Mentoring Program fee.
I don't like the idea of online training. I prefer face-to-face training workshops where I can ask questions.
All participants have access to Paige & Rebecca to ask questions during our live webinars, private online support forum or email.
As you work through the training and apply your learnings, we are there to help you with the answers as you go, in comparison to a 1 day workshop, where you only have access to a facilitator for the duration of the workshop.