You’ve got a fantastic tourism experience. But you need to get the
word out about it to build a thriving & sustainable business for the future.
Tourism Marketing can be daunting at the best of times…
Deciding where to invest your precious marketing dollars can cause unnecessary confusion & overwhelm,
which often leads to reactive marketing, which we all know from experience, yields poor results.
What you need is a DIT (do-it-together) solution where you can work with two tourism marketing specialists,
who have spent the last 5 years working 1:1 with tourism operators, who can show you exactly how to develop & implement a tourism marketing strategy that WILL drive growth & sustainability for your business.
So, if you are serious about growing your tourism business, then why not consider
participating in our Tourism Marketing Academy & Mastermind Program
You understand the power of marketing as a driver of business growth, and have
dedicated resources to invest, but you want qualified advice & guidance to ensure every minute & dollar is accounted for
You don’t have time to muck around, you’ve tried doing it yourself with a bit of success,
but you want a solid structure and plan of attack to get improved results
You’re not ready to outsource your marketing just yet, so you need to know all of the ‘how to’ tools and tactics on top of understanding the ‘why’ behind the strategy
You don’t have the funds to pay thousands of dollars to engage a consultant or agency every time you want to update your marketing strategy
If you can relate to any of the above, then you’ve found yourself in
the right place!
We’re Rebecca + Paige, Your Mentors
For those who don’t know us, we are two passionate tourism marketers, who have worked in the industry for 22+ years combined, in international & destination marketing, and as tourism marketing trainers and facilitators.
Since 2011, we’ve worked as tourism marketing strategists in our own consultancies, and came together in 2012 to establish Tourism eSchool.
We’ve worked with dozens of tourism businesses during this time to help them through strategy development, product development, trade marketing and online marketing training and implementation.
Why we created this Program…
After working closely with dozens of operators, we’ve developed an intimate understanding of the key challenges of marketing a tourism business, including:
Understanding who their most profitable customers are, and how to get more of them buying their tourism product
Choosing relevant and appropriate marketing activities that are guaranteed to grow their business, and not waste their hard earned money
Finding the time to implement marketing activities, especially for owner-operators who have limited resources
Understanding the true value of marketing as a result of limited knowledge of how to measure return on marketing investment
More than just ‘How To’ Tourism Marketing Training
The last thing we wanted to do was create another ‘how to’ marketing training product for the industry. Instead we aim to address the massive knowledge gap in tourism marketing, which is the link between strategy, implementation & measuring return on investment.
Our Tourism Marketing Academy not only covers all of the ‘How To’ basics, but shows you how all of the components of marketing a tourism business come together to achieve business objectives, and can drive real growth & sustainability.
More than just a ‘how to’ training workshop, this Program is designed to educate, inspire and set a clear path for you to push forward confidently with your marketing to grow your business.
For 6 solid months, we teach & guide you through the tourism marketing maze to ensure you can:
Confidently develop, implement and deliver a superior, results-focused marketing
strategy which will be geared to increase bookings and sales of your tourism product
Increase your knowledge and confidence in choosing and implementing marketing
tactics that are aligned with your customers and markets
Grow into an influencer and leader in marketing for your product and destination
Have the opportunity to network and collaborate with other like-minded, enthusiastic
tourism business owners, where you can establish and build lifelong relationships
Starts again May 2017!
The Academy is facilitated (totally) online over the period of 6 months,
starting 9th May 2017!
1:1 access to 2 Tourism Marketing Professionals
Participants will have access to Paige & Rebecca via the Live
Training Webinars and in the Mastermind Group for 6 months.
(Total Value = $3,000)
Live Training Webinars
12 x 1 hour live training webinar will be facilitated each alternative fortnight on a Tuesday
at 10.30am (ACST), which will cover each of the Program Modules outlined below.
Every webinar will be recorded and made available via a secure membership
area on the Tourism eSchool website.
(Total Value = $4,500)
Module Workbooks, Toolkits + Templates
We’ve spent 100+ hours perfecting our bespoke training materials, which have
been designed specifically to help our tourism operators work
toward developing a comprehensive marketing planning document.
For each Module, we have crafted a Workbook, which identifies actionable tasks, that together with the webinar,
helps participants to build their Marketing Strategy. Each Workbook also features live website links through
to resources shared in the Module, and additional online resources for participants own further professional development.
(Total Value = $2,400)
Marketing Strategy Toolkit
Our Marketing Strategy Toolkit is 20+ worksheet Microsoft Excel document, which features
easy to use formula based input fields, in conjunction with planning tables which are fully customisable.
This Toolkit is used to record results and information on the nuts and bolts of planning of a tourism
marketing strategy, and can be used as a informal tourism marketing strategy document itself,
or to inform the development of a formal marketing strategy document.
(Total Value = $10,000+)
Marketing Review Template
Our Marketing Review Template assists participants to undertake a 360 degree audit of their
marketing activities, to ensure they have a ‘start line’ before developing their new Strategy.
(Total Value = $2,500)
Marketing Strategy Template
On completion of the Program, participants will be encouraged to customise
their very own Marketing Strategy based on our Marketing Strategy Template
– a flexible, yet formal report style document to assist with stakeholder
buy-in and investment of the proposed strategy.
(Total Value = $850)
Task Orientated Templates
To delve deeper in the planning of specific marketing tactics, we’ve developed a series of
Task Orientated Templates to assist Participants to complete tasks to maximum potential,
which leads to more strategic outcomes for their business.
(Total Value = $1,500)
Access to an Exclusive Mastermind Network
To facilitate a life-long learning and opportunity, we’ve set up a private
Facebook group for participants to join upon enrolment in the Academy.
This space is where participants can ask questions of Paige & Rebecca,
receive help with working through the program tasks and build relationships
with and learn from other participants in the program.
(Total Value = What you make of it!)
Marketing Modules covered in the Academy
Module 1 | Tourism Marketing Trends, Current Marketing Investment + Customer Review, Initial Strategy Planning
- Briefing on the current and most influential tourism marketing trends, including the importance of delivering an outstanding tourism experience to your customers
- Demonstration of what a ‘Tourism Marketing Strategy’ looks like and the key elements
- Review your current marketing investments, budgets and customers
- Set your Mission Statement, Vision Statement + Marketing Goals
- Identify, profile and complete a customer journey map of your most profitable customers for your business.
Module 2 | Situation Analysis + Setting the Scene for Growth
- Understand your current situation analysis (internal and external environments)
- Review and enhance your existing products to create greater profit
- Review your pricing strategy, and learn about the alternatives to discounting to stimulate sales demand
- Understand how to increase your distribution and reach through packaging, and refine and review your distribution strategy
- Understand the role of your brand, and learn how to create a brand for your business that aligns with your business objectives
- Learn how to develop key marketing messages that will help attract more of your Ideal Customers
Module 3 | Content Marketing
- Understand how people consume information online and how to write for the web
- Learn proven content marketing strategies to grow your sales and profits
- Understand the types of content your customers will love to engage with and share
- Tips on how to take and record better photos and videos on your smartphones and DSLR Cameras
- Discover the best websites and apps to take your photos and videos from ‘blah’ to ‘wow’
- Learn how to measure content marketing specific objectives using Google Analytics
Module 4 | Website Marketing: Strategy, Management, Development + Design
- Understand how a tourism business’ website caters for your most profitable customers throughout each stage of their travel cycle
- Acquire the knowledge and tools to confidently work with your marketing agency to produce a high yielding website, that not only services your customers, but achieves your overall marketing goals
- Understand the resourcing requirements to develop & manage an engaging, high converting website
- How to build a Customer-Centric Website – key functional, usability and website design elements to a successful tourism website
Module 5 | Website Marketing: Online Booking Systems, Content Planning + Measurement
- Online Booking Systems – Overview, benefits, how they work, and choosing one for your business
- How to develop a sitemap that assists visitors and search engines to navigate your website with ease
- Undertake a review of your current website, and set website marketing objectives
- Learn how to decipher Google Analytics like a pro, mastering all of the relevant KPIs as it relates to monitoring and measuring the success of your website as your brand’s online marketing hub
Module 6 | Blogging
- Learn why blogging is an critical online marketing tactic for tourism businesses
- Referencing successful tourism marketing blogs across the world, learn about the functional, usability & design features required to set up a blog on your website
- Acquire copywriting skills specific for blogging, ensuring every post is engaging and geared toward creating conversions
- Learn how to measure blogging specific objectives using Google Analytics
Module 7 | Search Engine Optimisation
- Familiarise yourself with the complexities of Search Engine Optimisation in layman’s terms
- Understand how search engines work, and the major ranking factors
- Discover how people use search engines, and understand user intent
- Discover the importance of a 1st page ranking, and the impact it has on your website
- Learn how to undertake Keyword Research using Google Adwords Keyword Planner tool
& where to place your keywords in your webpages, images and video content
- Learn how to write copy to engage both search engines & website users
- Understand link building strategy, and how to build profitable links to improve search rankings
- Discover the relationship between Social Media and SEO & learn tactical ways to encourage social advocacy of your content to improve search engine rankings
- Learn how to measure SEO specific objectives using Google Analytics
Module 8 | Social Media: Strategy
- Learn a variety of strategies on how to use established social media channels to attract and convert more fans into customers for your business
- Learn about the opportunities and challenges of Snapchat and Periscope (and any other newer social channels around by then!) so you can make an informed decision if they are relevant for your marketing
- Understand how to best collect and also leverage user generated content in your social media marketing
- Practical tips to increase the engagement and reach of your social media posts
Module 9 | Social Media Optimisation + Advertising
- How to optimise your business’s social media channels of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Youtube to drive customer conversions.
- Be inspired and learn practical tips from case studies of tourism businesses rocking their social media marketing
- Understand how to use Facebook & Instagram Advertising strategically to attract new customers and drive more customer conversions
- Learn which social media analytics you REALLY need to focus on to measure your social media success
Module 10 | Customer Advocacy + Online Reputation Management
- Understand the critical importance of managing your business’s reputation and how it can make or break your tourism business
- Learn a framework of how to respond to negative customer feedback on social media, TripAdvisor and other review websites that will help turn an unhappy customer into an advocate
- Learn how to delivery social customer service via apps such as Facebook Messenger
- Discover practical tips on how to amplify your happy customers love for your business on social media, TripAdvisor and other review websites
- Discover tools that can help save time in monitoring and managing your reputation online
Module 11 | Email Marketing
- Understand how investing in email marketing supports your overall marketing strategy, to attract and convert more prospects into customers
- How to get set up for success with an email service provider or how to optimise your existing email service provider
- Understand the importance of segmenting your customer database and how to use email automation to super charge your overall marketing efforts
- Discover how to design an email update that people actually want to open, read and engage with it
- Learn how to monitor and measure your email marketing success
Module 12 | Finalising your Tourism Marketing Strategy
- Overview of relevant offline marketing tactics to support online marketing initiatives
- Learn how to measure return on investment for offline marketing tactics
- Resources and tools to help manage workload and create efficiencies
- Demonstration of how to customise the Marketing Strategy template for your business
12 Month Marketing Review
12 months after implementing your new Marketing Strategy, Paige & Rebecca can undertake
a 360 degree review of your marketing activities, and provide a detailed report outlining key findings,
priority areas and recommendations for improvement.
Exclusive Rate for Program Participants = AUD$1,750+GST
(RRP = AUD$2,750+GST)
MyTravelResearch.com’s Premium Membership & Tourism Marketing Plan Blueprint
Need to take your strategy to the next level? Bronwyn White and Carolyn Childs of
MyTravelResearch.com have invested 100+ hours in developing an evidence-based, pre-
populated Tourism Marketing Plan Blueprint for tourism businesses & destinations.
Exclusive Rate for Program Participants = AUD$798+GST
(RRP = AUD$1,500+GST)
They are also offering their Premium Membership to MyTravelResearch.com with their latest research and insights for a saving of 50%. Learn all about the Premium membership in the FAQ’s below.
Exclusive Rate for Program Participants = AUD$245+GST
(RRP = AUD$497+GST)
We place a huge emphasis on ensuring our participants get the most value and best outcomes from the program.
Therefore, to ensure maximum engagement and outcomes, each participant in this program will:
Complete a pre-program survey so we can learn a little more about the you,
identify key knowledge gaps, and to discuss your goals for the Program
Be offered the opportunity to receive feedback from Paige and Rebecca
on your tasks on an ongoing basis throughout the Program
Undertake a post-program review of the your final Marketing Strategy
with Rebecca or Paige
6 Months after the end of the Program, we will follow you up to hear about your
achievements and successes, as it relates to the strategy you created in the Program
We love supporting people who are committed to the tourism industry and their own
professional development. So we’ve teamed up with the below State Industry Councils and
Regional Tourism Organisations offering their members 20% saving on the cost of the Academy.
To access the 20% saving, simply quote your Member number when you enrol!
We want you to feel completely confident that the time and money you have invested in this Program is well spent.
So, if you feel as though you haven’t received fantastic value for money, then we are more than happy to offer you a 100% refund within 30 Days of joining the Academy.
On top of our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, we offer Lifetime Access to the Academy content.
So, if you don’t complete the Academy during the 6 months, you don’t need to worry,
as you will be able to access the content for the lifetime of the Academy.
So, every time we update the content (when we run the Academy over again), you will have the option to
receive the updates, and you will also be able to stay a member of our private Facebook group!
It’s like a gift that keeps on giving!
- I participated in 2016. I was impressed with the quality of the information provided resulting in me learning more than I could have anticipated. As we know the online marketing world is forever changing and I found that by participating in Tourism Marketing Academy I was able to get up to speed across a broad range of online marketing must do's.The program provided me with the skills and importantly the confidence and knowledge to speak the language with providers and consultants, although I haven't needed to use these resources since participating in the program!Rebecca & Paige constructed the program to be well paced, easy to follow and understand and provide outstanding resources and templates for ongoing use in your business. The entire program, resources and templates provided are designed specifically for Tourism Operators.The provision of these templates have provided me with many insights that I now use in my marketing and budgeting planning. This information and data have provided insights that know form an important asset for my business.The knowledge and support provided throughout the program is above and beyond.Highly recommended.
The program was really comprehensive and it was very clear Paige and Rebecca were experts in their respective fields. I felt very confident that I was getting the best and most current advice in industry best practise when it comes to web and digital marketing.
I really enjoyed the depth and breadth of material, and the workbooks were very practical and comprehensive. Being able to go back and rewatch sessions to reinforce/restudy the learnings was also beneficial. Real life examples used throughout to help the material 'stick' and provide a compelling case study to illustrate a point.
Every session was jam packed with gold that you could take away and implement if not immediately, then very soon after.
I really enjoyed the program and I feel confident that I can create a successful marketing plan for my business. The program was delivered in a very professional and well organised manner, and the information was well presented and easy to follow. The program provides lots of tips, great information and tools but like a lot of things in business, YOU have to be prepared do the work to get the results.
Completing the Tourism Marketing Academy + Mastermind has assisted me in creating a successful marketing plan. The templates and tools provided were very valuable resources. Rebecca and Paige presented a very engaging and professional program and were always on hand to answer any questions and provide assistance. I would highly recommend Tourism eSchool.
Each seminar was jam packed with solid, up-to-date information. The workbooks pushed me to pull out the elements of the seminars and examine how they related to our business. Consequently our business has a comprehensive digital marketing plan. I know more about all elements of digital marketing. An unexpected bonus of the program was the sharing of knowledge, experiences and recommendation for consultants from the Academy and other tourism operators.
The Tourism Marketing Academy + Mastermind was a great course, which gave me (a small business owner/operator) information and tips to make reasonable and simple changes that can have large results/benefits. I would recommend this course to any small tourism operator who is looking to expand there knowledge and skills in tourism marketing, as Rebecca and Paige are not only dedicated to giving the learnings from the course but will definitely give you the help and motivation you may need to stay on track.
Destination Marketing Mentoring Program Participants
As we’ve only just finished our inaugural Academy, here is some feedback from our
Destination Marketing Mentoring Program, which is a very similar program we run for Destination Marketing Staff.
The Destination Marketing Mentoring Program exceeded all my expectations! Being new to the industry, it has been the most wonderful and engaging learning experience. I feel really lucky to have had the opportunity to work with Rebecca and Paige to further my understanding of the tourism industry and customer behaviour. Paige and Rebecca were fantastic tutors. The information provided in the program helped me to gain perspective, experience and real-world knowledge to implement within my businesses and to improve our outcomes. I would highly recommend Tourism eSchool for those both new to the industry and those who are experienced - you will always learn new things and gain new insights! Thanks very much for your expertise, I look forward to building stronger tourism businesses in the Rutherglen region.
The Destination Marketing Mentoring Program has provided our organisation with the relevant skills and information to confidently navigate the ever changing digital space. Paige and Rebecca do a wonderful job of distilling complex information into relevant, actionable tasks and the online Marketing Toolkit and Strategy document is a valuable resource. Comprehensive, engaging and relevant, I would highly recommend the Program.
The Destination Marketing Mentoring Program webinars enable participation when and where it suits you. You'll be provided with the latest knowledge and valuable tools and templates to take you from zero to hero in no time. These can be adapted to create your own actions and a tailored Digital Marketing Strategy. A very comprehensive, value-for-money program that I strongly recommend to others.
Having just completed the Destination Marketing Mentoring Program, I have gained a greater understanding of digital marketing. The course content was exactly what I needed to increase my knowledge on the importance of digital marketing. I am now confident to apply what I have learnt to our marketing strategies so that we are more relevant and offer value in what we do as a regional tourism organisation. The format was easy and engaging with plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Paige and Rebecca definitely know their 'stuff' and Tourism eSchool was a great way learn.
The Program helped build my confidence in the digital space - I don't feel so overwhelmed by 'online' now and can fundamentally see how it all fits together and importantly can work better. I have already been able to allay the fears of some of my operators who have been so overwhelmed by all things digital, and I have been able to help breakdown the 'beast' and assist them to work in the small steps as they develop a relevant digital strategy for them. The mobility of the Program was also a great benefit too, as a Regional Manager, I'm often not in the same place each week, so to be able to 'log-in' where ever I was to participate was ideal.
12 Marketing Modules delivered over 6 months
Access to 2 Tourism Marketing Consultants for 6 months
Live & Recorded Webinars, Custom Toolkits, Workbooks, Templates + Worksheets
Exclusive Mastermind Network
Exclusive Offers for Participants
30 Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee
Lifetime Access to Academy Content
Accountability + Support Measures
TOTAL VALUE: $25,000+
If so, we’d absolutely love to have you on board!
Your investment is AUD$1,500+GST per person
Places are LIMITED, so secure your spot today!
Your questions answered!
We’ve put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Program, but if none of these help you then please don’t hesitate to contact us via email, and we will be sure to respond to you as soon as possible!
How is the Academy run?
Prior to the program starting you will be sent a Pre-Program Questionnaire, which will assist Paige and Rebecca to get to know your business, your personal and professional goals and marketing activities. This information will help them to tailor the information in the Program so that it is more relevant for you and your business.
From there, the Program will start on the 9th May 2017 delivered via 12 marketing modules, which each including a 1 hour live webinar, workbook and actionable tasks. These will be released each fortnight until the final webinar in November 2017.
At the completion of the Program, you will also receive a review of your newly developed Marketing Strategy with either Rebecca or Paige, so we can provide you with advice and direction with moving forward with the delivery of your strategy.
We also have a private online forum in Facebook which we encourage you to join where you can ask any questions you have at any time of your Paige & Rebecca and to share your learnings with others in the Program.
Who facilitates the Tourism Marketing Academy + Mastermind?
Rebecca White and Paige Rowett co-faciliate the Mentoring Program, and they will both be on hand via email, phone and the private forum to help support you with all the help you need throughout the lifetime of the Mentoring Program.
Together they have 22 years of marketing experience and 15+ years specifically in tourism marketing. Learn more about Rebecca & Paige >
Do I need any prior knowledge before starting the Academy?
No, you don’t need any special knowledge to join the Academy. You just need to be working in a role (Owner/Operator, Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator) that has the responsibility of marketing a tourism business.
Before starting the Academy, it would be very helpful for you to also have access to all of your social networking profiles, and your Google (website analytics, search console) as we will be asking you to reference and make adjustments to these online accounts throughout the Academy.
Learn more about MyTravelResearch.com Membership...
MyTravelResearch.com is an insights and consulting company established and run by Bronwyn White and Carolyn Childs from their Sydney Office.
Below is a short 2 minute video demonstrating their Membership Platform, which all Participants of the Program will have ‘Singler User’ access to!
What technical requirements do I need to participate in the Program?
We facilitate our live webinars (approximately 1-1.5 hours in length) using GoToWebinar, a popular web conferencing service. In addition to the live webinars, participants will also be required to watch recorded webinars (up to an hour in length) in our website’s member portal, and download PDF, Excel and Word Documents for each module.
So, in order to participate effectively in this program, participants will need:
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer with reasonable fast internet speed
- Relatively high data limit (If you are unsure about whether or not your data plan is suitable, feel free to contact us and we will work through it with you)
- The device will need to have a microphone so you are able to interact during the live webinars.
When are the live webinars & what if I can't attend a certain day?
All the live webinar dates are scheduled in advance so you can hopefully free up your schedule to attend. Ideally you are able to attend at least 9 of the 12 webinars live.
Each of the 12 webinars runs for 1 hour and will be run fortnightly from 9th May 2017 through to 31st October 2017 with breaks during the July and October for catch up.
May 9th & 23rd
June 6th & 20th
July 4th & 25th
August 8th & 22nd
September 5th & 19th
October 17th & 31st
Webinars will be run at 8.30am (Perth)/10am (Adelaide)/10.30am (East Coast Australia)/ 12.30pm (New Zealand)/5.30pm** (PDT – West USA/Canada) and 8.30pm** (EDT – East USA/Canada):
** Please note for our North American participants the date will be the day prior.
We will record all the live webinars and save them in the Member Portal on our website so you can watch them at a time that suits you if you are unable to make one of them live.
How many hours per week should I set aside to do the Program?
We recommend you put aside 2 – 3 hours a week to ensure you don’t lose momentum with the Program. This time includes attending the live webinars (or watching the replays), reading the workbooks, carry out the module’s tasks and interacting on the private forum. We also schedule breaks during the webinar series to allow you to catch up on tasks.
I'm away travelling or at an industry/trade event/ATE when your Program is on, will I still be able to do it?
Absolutely. If you miss a live training webinar, then not to worry, as we will record the webinar for you and pop it up in the member area of the website. From there you can access the recording, and you can jump into our private Facebook group if you have any questions or comments that you’d like to share with the group.
Do I have to do any homework?
Yes – but it all goes towards developing a marketing strategy for your business! When learning something new, the best way to really take on board a new concept is to take some action with it.
Each fortnight you will be issued with a list of tasks to do, which culminate into developing a marketing strategy for your business. You are more than welcome to get feedback on your tasks throughout the Program via the private Facebook Group.
I'm not sure that I can afford to do this Program...
We know that budgets are tight, which is why we strongly encourage all of our program participants to investigate relevant grant / funding opportunities to help lessen the financial burden of marketing training and implementation.
We’ve created a dedicated page on our website which lists out a number of financial assistance Programs which are applicable for tourism operators, whether you are looking for tuition fee, or marketing implementation support.
We wish you all the best with your application(s)!
What is your refund policy?
We want you to feel completely confident that your time and money will be well spent. If you feel you haven’t received value for money from our training we offer a 30 day, 100% refund of our Mentoring Program fee.
I don't like the idea of online training. I prefer face-to-face training workshops where I can ask questions.
All participants have access to Paige & Rebecca to ask questions during our live webinars, private online support forum or email.
As you work through the training and apply your learnings, we are there to help you with the answers as you go, in comparison to a 1 day workshop, where you only have access to a facilitator for the duration of the workshop.