Welcome to Tourism eSchool
It was great to join you at the Fleurieu Peninsula Food Social Media Workshop!
We hope you got some great takeaways from the workshop and you are inspired to get started (or ramp up!) your social media marketing! Below are the key insights & additional resources for you to read as it relates to Rebecca’s presentation on “How to use Social Media to attract and convert more customers”.
Click the thumbnail below to download the workshop slides (100MB).
1. Understanding Your Customers & How they Purchase
- Identify your Ideal Customer(s)
- Understand their buying predispositions, and emotional reasoning when it comes to purchasing your product.
- Identify key online platforms in your Ideal Customer’s ZMOT where you can get your brand in front of them.
- What social media channels are your Ideal Customers hanging out on? Focus your efforts on these channels ONLY!
- The Customer Buying Funnel: The Stages your customers go through as they purchase tourism product
- Ideal Customer Persona Profiling: The strategic approach to Tourism Marketing
- Google’s Zero Moment of Truth – Online Customer Purchasing Funnel
- Google’s ‘Your Guide to Winning the Shift of Mobile’ – MicroMoments’
- Yellow Pages Social Media 2015 Report
- Social Media Statistics Australia April 2016
2. Create the Right Content to Attract your Ideal Customers
- What topics INSPIRE your ideal customers?
- What topics HELP your ideal customers?
- What STORIES can you tell that your IDC find interesting?
- What content do you need to STOP sharing on social media?
- 3 Content Themes that Attract & Convert Customers
- 4 Social Media Video Ideas for Tourism Brands
- 4 easy steps to bring video marketing into your tourism business
3. Strategic content creation
- Empower your staff to be content creators
- Use photo & video editing software to make your content look amazing!
- Promote a single business #hashtag to collect and reshare customers content
- Use #fleurieupeninsula so they can find and reshare your best content
- Tag @southaustralia & @Australia to share unique content
- Discover popular hashtags in Iconosquare – as it relates to the content subject eg. Food, wine, animals etc
- ONLY USE APPROPRIATE HASHTAGS – Don’t overdo it!
- Always tag & credit original photographer if you are resharing others photos. Ask via a comment for permission to reshare if needed.
- Aim for quality over quantity when sharing content
- Curating & Re-purposing Content: Leverage what’s already online to save you time!
- 6 FREE Photo Editing Tools to Create Amazing Photos
- 2 Steps to take better Social Media Photos on your Smartphone
- 3 Ways to Get Stunning Photos and Videos for Social Media
- 4 easy steps to bring video marketing into your tourism business
4. Rock your social media engagement
- Engagement is king on social, to ensure more people are seeing your photos & videos
- Focus only on the social media locations where your Ideal Customers are hanging out.
- Share content when your Ideal Customers are likely to be online.
- Pre-schedule photos/video if it’s at a time you can’t share live.
- Post photos & videos “natively” and make sure it is optimised for viewing on mobile. Directly upload videos into Facebook for better reach.
- Grow your social media communities organically and via the virality of your great social updates!
5. Own & Optimise your Content
- Your web is your “shopfront” for your business and it’s ESSENTIAL you have one to build brand awareness, trust, consideration & sales for your business
- Ensure you have the free Google Analytics installed on your website so you can track all your website visitor movements, including social and email referrals.
- Ensure your website is mobile responsive
- If relevant, look at selling your products online, or at least tell customers where they can buy your produce, such as via retailers or your farm gate
- Tell your story clearly on your website
- Put your epic photo & video content on a blog on your business’s website, so you can share it out on social and bring visitors back to your website
- Collect customers emails addresses and communicate on a regular basis via an eNews
- Check your website mobile responsiveness > http://ami.responsivedesign.is/
- Get Mobile, or Get Left Behind: How to Get your Business or Destination Website Mobile Optimised
- Read our blog posts on Email Marketing Strategy
- Read our blog posts on Website Strategy
- Read our blog posts on Blogging Strategy
6. Optimise your social media profiles
- What are your high priority social media channels?
- What Facebook Advertising opportunities do you want to pursue?
- What optimisation do you need to your social profiles?
- What tips can you use to improve your post engagement?
- 2 Facebook Superstars
- How to set up and optimise a Google + Page for your business
- 3 Tourism Instagram Superstars
- Driving visitation and sales through Pinterest
- Twitter 101 for Tourism Brands
- Facebook Advertising training > Facebook Blueprint
7. Amplify your Customers Love to Increase Word of Mouth Marketing
- How can you encourage your customers to share their love for your product/experience/services online?
- Before? Pinterest
- During? WiFi, Staff, Signage, Product Labels, Hashtags, Devices
- After? Email, collateral, social media
- Listen and monitor and respond to what your customers are saying about you online.
- Get your hands on a copy of “Hug your Haters” from Jay Bayer. It’s a MUST read for all business owners
- Surprise & Delight: How to Show your Customers Some Serious Love
- 3 Steps to Encourage Customer Advocacy on Social Media
- Social Media Listening Tools for Businesses
8. Measure What Matters
- Measure customers engagement of social & advocacy
- Set up conversion goals in Google Analytics to track path the purchase
- What are people saying about you online?
- Ask customers how they heard about you?
Have a question about what you have learnt?
If you have any questions regarding what you have learnt in the Presentation, then post your question on our Facebook Page and we will be sure to assist!
Like to learn more?
If you would like further help with marketing your business, as mentioned in our workshop, we have a 6 month Tourism Marketing Academy + Mastermind, which we encourage you to check out. The 2016 round has just started and delivered all online, so if you would like to join, you have till next Friday 3rd June to join, and you can receive 20% discount off the program after joining the Fleurieu Food workshop. Otherwise the next round will start in March 2017.
Stay in Touch!
Finally, we’d love to invite you to subscribe to our own email database, where you will receive free monthly enewsletters jam-packed full of marketing insight. You’ll also be first to know when our Mentoring Programs re-open for enrolment. We practice what we preach in the presentation, so you can ensure we only share valuable & relevant updates!