It was great to join you at the 2016 Cradle Coast Regional Tourism Forum!
We hope you got some great takeaways and you are inspired to reinvigorate your tourism experience + start implementing your customer advocacy tactics!
Rock your Tourism Experience!
- Providing your customers with an amazing experience is the best way to market your tourism business
- Building anticipation and encouraging positive memories is as important as your “actual” experience
- What can you show customers once they have decided to book or visit to give them something to look forward to? Via confirmation think about recommend they follow your social media feeds, share helpful information for planning and relevant weather updates.
- What “time limited” tourism experiences do you have that your Ideal Customer would love? How can you frame in a way to make them a treat for your customers? Think of short term events in your region such as wildlife, landscape changes, produce, events or school holiday activities.
- How can you help your customers “immerse” themselves fully in your tourism experience & region? Can you recommend or include local experiences as part of your product?
- How can you help your customers “focus” their choices that feels helpful and reduces the stress of decision making?
- What can you do to make your customers feel “special” (even compared to other customer?)
- What is your customer’s last impression of your tourism experience? How can you make it a positive one?
- How can you reinforce the positives and displace the negative of customer’s experience with you?
- Are you getting the basic’s right of arrival communication and great staffing?
Amplify Your Customer’s Love
- What your happy customers say about you is the most trusted form of advertising. Ensure you collect and amplify it!
- Specifically ask and/or enable customers to share before, during and after their experience with you.
- Happiness Halo Research
- Surprise and Delight: How to show your customers some serious love!
- Neilson’s Global Trust in Advertising Report 2015
- 3 steps to encourage social advocacy of your brand
- 5 ways to get a negative TripAdvisor review
- How to set up and manage your TripAdvisor listing
- 10 steps to successfully promote your event on social media
Have a question about what you have learnt?
If you have any questions regarding what you have learnt in the Presentation, then post your
question on our Facebook Page and we will be sure to assist!
Join our Community!
Finally, we’d love to invite you to subscribe to our own email database, where you will receive
free monthly enewsletters jam-packed full of marketing insight.
You’ll also be first to know when our Destination Marketing Mentoring Program & Tourism Marketing Academy + Mastermind are open for enrolment.
We practice what we preach in the presentation, so you can ensure we only share valuable & relevant updates!